Libby Valos Moss focuses her practice on the defense of employers in administrative proceedings, as well as litigation and counseling, and she represents schools and school systems with regard to assault and Title IX cases. She regularly represents employers before the Indiana Worker’s Compensation Board, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Indiana Civil Rights Commission, as well as in state and federal courts. Libby has authored a number of appeals on worker’s compensation matters before the Indiana Court of Appeals and Indiana Supreme Court. As Chair of the firm’s Workers’ Compensation Practice Group, Libby counsels employers and adjusters on the proper handling of workers’ compensation claims within the Indiana Workers’ Compensation Act. Libby also counsels clients on avoiding employee discrimination claims as a result of those injuries.
Libby served as the Chair for the Worker’s Compensation Committee of the Defense Research Institute (DRI) and on the Board of Directors for the Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana (DTCI). Libby is also a member of the Litigation Counsel of America (LCA), an invitation-only trial lawyer honorary society representing less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers, and she is a member of various legal and professional associations, including the Indianapolis chapter of the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) and the Indiana Workers Compensation Institute (IWCI.) Libby was selected for inclusion on the Rising Stars list published in Indiana Super Lawyers Magazine every year from 2010 to 2013, and was named on the Super Lawyer list every year following, 2014 to 2019.
- Presenter, "Workplace Violence: In-Depth Analysis of Compensability and Benefits," 2021 Indiana Worker's Compensation Conference, Indiana Chamber, August 2021.
- Co-Presenter, "Death Benefits: Analysis of Statutory Responsibilities & Guide for Future Handling," ICLEF Masters Series Advanced Worker's Compensation, July 2021.
- Co-Presenter, "Navigating the Bermuda Triangle of Employment Laws:The Interplay between ADA, FMLA andWorker’s Comp," 2020 Indiana Worker's Compensation Conference, Indiana Chamber, September 2020.
- Presenter, “Investigating Employee Complaints,” HR Indiana Annual Conference, August 2017.
- Presenter, “Understanding the 7th Circuit Ruling on Title VII: Sexual Orientation Discrimination & Ensuring Compliance in the Workplace,” Kightlinger & Gray Lunch & Learn May 16, 2017.
- Co-Author, "Don't Be Tardy for the Party: Why Collaboration Is Key in Negotiating Workers' Compensation Settlements", DRI Worker's Compensation Committee Courier, December 2015
- Presenter, "Revised White Collar Exemptions Revealed: Understanding the Proposed Changes to the FLSA Overtime Regulations and How It Will Impact Your Employees and Payroll", Kightlinger & Gray Lunch and Learn, November 2015
- Moderator, "Don't Be Tardy for the Party: Why Collaboration Is Key in Negotiating Workers' Compensation Settlements", DRI Worker's Compensation Seminar - Southeast United States, September 2015
- Co-Presenter, "Navigating the Bermuda Triangle of Employment Law", HR Indiana Annual Conference, August 2015
- Co-Presenter, "The Interplay of the Americans With Disabilities Act, Worker's Compensation and FMLA", Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum (ICLEF) Worker's Compensation Institute, November 2014
- Co-Presenter, "Investigating Workplace Injuries and Accidents", HR Indiana Annual Conference, August 2014
- Presenter, "What to Expect When Your Employee Is Expecting: Understanding the EEOC's Enforcement Guidance on Pregnancy Discrimination and Related Issues", Kightlinger & Gray Lunch and Learn, January 28, 2015
- Co-author, "Worker's Compensation Liens, A State-by-State Analysis", For the Defense, March 2014
- Presenter, "Background Checks: What You Need to Know to Prevent Discriminatory Practices", Kightlinger & Gray Lunch and Learn, June 13, 2013
- Presenter, "Recovery of Work Comp Liens in Third Party Actions", Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum (ICLEF) Worker's Compensation Seminar, November 8, 2013
- "Responding to Employee Use of Social Media: The Changing Landscape", Kightlinger & Gray Lunch and Learn, September 19, 2012
- "Recovery of Workers' Comp in Third-Party Action", Indiana Lawyer, October 26 - November 8, 2011
- "Top Ten Issues Employers Should Know about Social Networking", Indiana Lawyer, July 20 - August 12, 2011
- "How to Use Information in Work Comp File to Defend General Liability Case", Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana (DTCI) Annual Conference, November 19, 2009
- "The Effects of the ADAAA on Worker's Compensation", ILTA Conference on Worker's Compensation, July 31, 2009
- "Workers' Comp 101: Taking a Look at the Indiana Workers' Comp System from A to Z", Indiana Workers' Comp Conference, September 8, 2008
- "2006 Year in Review: Worker's Compensation Law", Indiana Civil Litigation Review, 2007
- "The Umbrella is Bigger Than You Thought", Indiana Lawyer Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana (DTCI) special magazine supplement, September 22 - October 5, 2004
- Selected for inclusion on the Super Lawyers list published in Indiana Super Lawyers Magazine (2015-2019)
- Selected for inclusion on the Rising Stars list published in Indiana Super Lawyers Magazine (2010-2013)
- Selected to the Indianapolis Bar Foundation Distinguished Fellows
- Indiana Self-Insurers Association, Inc. (ISIA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) - Chair, Worker's Compensation Committee (2015-2017)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) - Vice Chair, Worker's Compensation Committee (2014-2015)
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana (DTCI) - Board of Directors
- Hamilton County Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Indiana Workers' Compensation Institute, Inc. (IWCI)
- Litigation Counsel of America (LCA), Senior Fellow
- Society for Human Resource Management - Indianapolis
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana (DTCI) - Workers' Comp Section Chair, 2009
Civic & Charitable
- Kids' Chance of Indiana Sponsor
211 North Pennsylvania Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Ball State University, 1995
- Indiana University School of Law-Indianapolis, 1999
- Indiana, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana