Kightlinger & Gray, LLP offers a summer program that introduces law students to a real world legal career. Our summer program represents an important part of our hiring process. We expect summer associates to provide excellent work and want them to experience the reality of associate life. The work is real, relevant and challenging; it allows summer associates to work side by side with the best lawyers in their fields. Summer clerks receive their work assignments from ongoing cases in which the lawyers are already involved.
Summer associates are included in meetings, in house continuing legal education, hearings, depositions, trials and training programs. Our goal is for the summer to be filled with challenging legal work, social events, and professional opportunities.
Our summer associates will receive careful, constructive feedback regarding the quality of their work. Each summer associate is matched with an associate attorney mentor to assist in understanding the nuances and challenges of our practice, offer advice on using resources and opportunities our firm has to offer.
Currently, we only interview and offer summer associate positions to 2Ls who are in the upper third of their class.
Kightlinger & Gray, LLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, and termination.
Kightlinger & Gray, LLP is Hiring a Summer Law Clerk
Kightlinger & Gray, LLP is seeking student candidates for its 2020 Summer Law Clerk program. The open positions will be based out of the firm’s Indianapolis and New Albany offices with one candidate hired for each office location.
- Current law student scheduled to graduate in Spring 2021
- Strong academic credentials
- Participation in Moot Court preferred
- Available to work a 40.00 hour standard work week; occasional overtime as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; including Word and Excel
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and meet internal and external deadlines
- Performs general legal research
- Drafts legal memoranda, pleadings and briefs
- Works with supervising attorneys to assist with ongoing litigation
- Engages in firm/attorney activities and culture
Please apply with your resume, cover letter, writing sample(s) and transcript at http://jobs.bernieportal.com/08e32838.
Kightlinger & Gray, LLP is a multi-office Midwest law firm that is well equipped to meet the needs of clients in both the public and private sectors. The firm has over 55 attorneys, which provides the strength, depth and experience to handle any size matter, yet also, maintains personalized, responsive service. The firm is best known for its litigation capabilities, as well as, for its ability to provide non-litigation legal services across the Midwest. The firm remains steadfast in its commitment to provide the highest level of professional legal services to its clients with an individualized touch, because we understand every matter, matters.