Casey Stafford is a General Partner in the Indianapolis office of Kightlinger & Gray, LLP. Casey focuses her practice on insurance defense matters, including Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith, Professional Liability, primarily focusing on the defense of insurance agents and attorneys, and Environmental Insurance Coverage. Casey also handles Consumer Litigation matters wherein she represents collection agencies and attorneys who are subject to litigation.
Casey is the Chair of the firm’s eight-member Coverage and Bad Faith practice group. She has mastered the art of early dispositive motions in Insurance Coverage matters and is a skilled trial lawyer. In fact, she has been recognized as a Super Lawyer in Indiana for many years.
As a journalism major at Butler University, who went on to receive her Juris Doctorate from Indiana University School of Law – Indianapolis, Casey is an effective communicator with her clients and, importantly, the bench. She routinely appears in State and Federal courts and has litigated matters before the Indiana Department of Insurance, and the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM).
- Best Lawyers Insurance Law Litigation - Insurance (2023)
- Best Lawyers (2021-2022)
- Selected for inclusion on the Rising Stars list published in Indiana Super Lawyers Magazine (2011-2012, 2016-2018, 2022)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana (DTCI)
- Indiana State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Indianapolis Bar Association (IBA)
211 North Pennsylvania Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Butler University, Cum Laude, 2004
- Indiana University School of Law - Indianapolis, 2007
- Indiana, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana