Susan R. Shan focuses her practice on Commercial Litigation, Product Liability, Professional Liability, Construction, Insurance Defense Litigation, and Subrogation and Fire Related Casualties. Before relocating to Indianapolis, Susan lived in China, Texas, Hawaii, Pittsburgh, London, New York City, St. Louis, and Georgia. She is fluent in Mandarin, and can speak conversational Spanish.
Susan earned her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Georgia School of Law, where she served as an editor of the Georgia Journal of International & Comparative Law and competed as a member of the nationally-ranked mock trial team. In her third year of law school, Susan served as a judicial intern to United States District Court Judge Steve C. Jones in Atlanta. Susan currently serves as the Vice President of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Indiana (APABA-IN) and the Vice-Chair of the DTCI Trial Tactics Section.
Prior to law school, Susan worked in casino management and as a sportswriter. Her diverse background and experiences have enabled her to view and approach issues comprehensively and sometimes with creative, out-of-the-box solutions. Susan is also an avid fan of the Texas A&M Aggies, Kentucky Wildcats, Pittsburgh Steelers, and St. Louis Cardinals.
- "DTCI: Joint Defense Agreements" 2017, The Indiana Lawyer, August 23, 2017
- DTCI: Young Lawyer Spotlight- 2018, The Indiana Lawyer, March 7, 2018
- "DTCI: Video Recordings of Independent Medical Examinations", The Indiana Lawyer, May 30, 2018
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana (DTCI)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Indianapolis Bar Association (IBA)
- Indiana State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Indiana (APABA-IN)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
211 North Pennsylvania Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Carnegie Mellon University, 2006
- University of Georgia School of Law, cum laude, 2016
- Indiana, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana