Melissa Lamkin is a Staff Counsel in our New Albany office. Melissa earned her J.D. from Indiana University Maurer School of Law. Prior to attending law school, Melissa earned her Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering with a minor in Mathematics.
Melissa focuses her practice on a variety of civil litigation matters, including creditor’s rights, subrogation litigation, and landlord/tenant matters. She routinely assists clients with claims involving the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
Prior to joining Kightlinger & Gray, Melissa worked with a Louisville, Kentucky firm, where she practiced Collection Litigation and Creditor’s Rights in Indiana and Kentucky courts.
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Registered Patent Attorney
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana (DTCI)
- ACA International, the Association of Credit and Collection Professionals
3620 Blackiston Boulevard
New Albany, IN 47150
- University of Evansville, B.S., magna cum laude, 2006
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Kentucky, 2010
- Indiana, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana