As Kightlinger & Gray’s Director of Marketing and Business Development, Laura oversees regional business development, marketing and communications strategies for Kightlinger & Gray across its five offices. Laura works closely with the firm’s Management Committee, as well as all attorneys within and the chairs of the firm’s various practice groups. Within this role, Laura leads a team of professionals committed to providing the firm with quality practice support, client development and strategic planning, including competitive market research. Additionally, together with her team, she directs event planning, branding, public relationship and internal and digital communications.
As Kightlinger & Gray’s Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Laura works with the firm’s Management Committee and leads the DEI taskforce to develop and implement programs, initiatives and services that promote, monitor and facilitate DEI integration at all levels of the firm with a constant focus on the objective of increasing diversity within the firm and inclusivity within the firm culture.
Prior to entering these roles with Kightlinger & Gray, Laura was a Partner in the firm’s Merrillville office where she litigated matters of insurance defense, most commonly within Employment, Worker’s Compensation, Auto-Defense, and Premises Liability areas of law. Additionally, she previously held an in-house counsel position with ProAssurance managing nationwide Professional Liability Coverage Litigation and providing support to the claims professionals and department leaders with regard to complex coverage issues.
In addition to her professional career, Laura is actively involved in the Women in the Law and Diversity for Success sections of DRI as well as the Legal Marketing Association. She is an avid natural light photographer, enjoys live music and spending time with her family.
- "Strategies to Fight Gender Bias in the Boardroom and the Courtroom", DRI, Women in the Law Seminar, January 2022
- "Network-work-work-work", DRI Raising the Bar, June, 2019
- "Finding Your Ticket to the Major Leagues," DRI Raising the Bar, June 2017
Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Women in the Law, Seminar Planning Committee (2019 - Present)
- Diversity For Success (2016 - Present)
- Young Lawyers, Steering Committee (2014 - 2019)
Legal Marketing Association (LMA)
- Diversity SIG (2022 - Present)
Society of Human Resources Management
- Northwest Indiana, Local Chapter (2019 - Present)
Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Board of Editors, Editor (2015 - Present)
211 North Pennsylvania Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
8001 Broadway, Suite 100
Merrillville, IN 46410
Evansville, IN 47708
3620 Blackiston Boulevard
New Albany, IN 47150
Louisville, KY 40202
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Juris Doctor 2009
- Purdue University, B.S. Management 2006
- Illinois, 2009
- Indiana, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Illinois Workers Compensation Commission