Alyssa Cochran is an attorney who practices out of Kightlinger & Gray’s New Albany office. Alyssa joined the firm in 2016 and focuses her practice on appellate law, professional malpractice, and other civil defense matters. Prior to joining Kightlinger & Gray, Alyssa served a two year stint clerking for the Indiana Supreme Court. In that role Alyssa played an integral role in analyzing cases seeking transfer to the Indiana Supreme Court and making legal recommendations on cases that were accepted on transfer.
Alyssa graduated magna cum laude from Indiana University McKinney School of Law, where she served as an editor of the Indiana International & Comparative Law Review, participated in moot court and served on the moot court board, and was an active member and co-chair of the Women Law Caucus. Alyssa continues to be an active member of the Indiana State Bar Association, by serving on the ISBA Board of Governors and serving as Secretary/Treasurer of the ISBA Young Lawyers Section.
Aside from practicing law, Alyssa is an engaged member of her community. Since 2017, Alyssa has served on the Board of Directors of The Breakaway, a nonprofit organization which provides a drug recovery residence for women. The Breakaway’s mission is to empower women to confront addiction and celebrate recovery. Alyssa also serves on the Board of Directors for CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of Floyd County.
- “Judicial Courage, Judicial Heroes, and the Civil Rights Movement” American Bar Association, Appellate Issues, January 2019
- “Giving and Getting Effective Edits in Appellate Writing” American Bar Association, Appellate Issue, September 2018
- Best Lawyers (2021-2022)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Indiana State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Floyd County Bar Association
- CASA of Floyd County, Secretary
- The Breakaway, Vice Chair
- ISBA Board of Governors, 9th District Representative
- ISBA Young Lawyers Section, Secretary/Treasurer
3620 Blackiston Boulevard
New Albany, IN 47150
Louisville, KY 40202