Adam Ira primarily defends corporate and governmental clients in a broad spectrum of state and federal litigation. Adam also brings a breadth of experience in matters of state and municipal liability, including class action litigation. Adam is a founding member of the firm’s Data Security Practice Group and calls upon his experience with data breach litigation to present and write on the topic of data security. Adam also serves as an advisory member of the Indiana Governor’s Executive Council on Cybersecurity.
Adam takes a creative approach to litigation and enjoys handling challenging and unconventional cases. Adam studied rhetoric at Indiana University, which serves as the foundation of a strong legal writing and advocacy skillset. Adam approaches every case with the perspective that disputes are resolved most effectively when each party receives zealous and thoughtful representation. He works closely with clients to evaluate new matters on an individual basis and to tailor the most appropriate course of action based on the client’s needs and goals. Pragmatic and results-oriented, Adam brings to bear significant experience representing corporate clients in the courtroom. When a case cannot be resolved amicably through settlement or a dispositive motion, Adam brings jury trial experience in trying foodborne illness, premises liability, wrongful death and trucking cases to the table.
Adam, who is admitted to practice in Indiana, Kentucky and Illinois, received his J.D. from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law with a concentration in Advocacy Skills.
- Panelist, “Second Chair: It’s not Just a Piece of Furniture,” Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana Annual Conference, November 22, 2019.
- Co-Presenter, “Privacy, Regulation Compliance, and Privilege in the Digital Era,” American Bar Association Property Insurance Law Committee Spring Conference, May 10, 2019
- Panelist, “Cybersecurity Essentials and the Legal Profession,” Women in eDiscovery Indy, April 17, 2019
- Co-Presenter, "The Roadmap of a Lawsuit: Why Can't We Be Friends? A Checklist for Filing and Defending a Lawsuit," ICLEF, February 22, 2019
- Presenter, "Data Security Risk Exposures," Indiana Paralegal Association, February 13, 2019
- Presenter, “Investigating a Data Security Breach,” Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, December 6, 2018.
- Presenter, “Are You Insured for a Cybersecurity Breach?” University of Southern Indiana Cyber Conference, October 24, 2018.
- Co-Presenter, "Fire Spread: How Building Products Can Affect a Fire's Growth," Defense Research Institute Fire Science and Litigation Seminar, September 14, 2018.
- Co-Presenter, "Data Security: Risk Exposures in the Construction Industry," Harmonie Group Construction and Transportation Seminar, August 9, 2018.
- Presenter, “Cyber Security- Protecting Your Business,” Southwest Indiana Chamber Seminar Series, May 2018.
- Contributor, “Autonomous vehicle regulation stalls out in statehouse,” The Indiana Lawyer, April 4, 2018.
- Contributor, “The ups and downs of investing in bitcoin,” The Indiana Lawyer, January 24, 2018.
- Presenter, “Data Security: Risk Exposures, Coverages and Best Practices,” CLM, December 2017.
- Presenter, “Data Security: Risk Exposures, Coverages and Best Practices,” DTCI Annual Conference, November 2017.
- Presenter, “Creating an Effective Incident Response Plan & Data Security Risk Exposures,” Kightlinger & Gray Lunch & Learn, October & November 2017.
- Presenter, “Reigning in Ransomware,” IBA CLE, September 2017.
- Contributor, “Artificial intelligence is inevitable. Will you embrace or resist it in your practice?” The Indiana Lawyer, August 9, 2017.
- Presenter, "Preserving Attorney-Client Privelege in Communications with Consulting and Testifying Experts," Harmonie Group Construction and Transportation Seminar, June 28, 2017.
- Author, “Ira: The future of cyber liability in Indiana.” The Indiana Lawyer, June 14, 2017.
- Presenter, The “No-Contact Rule” forbidding communication with represented parties , National Professional Responsibility Moot Court Competition, February 2014
- Author, Special Uses of LLCs in Indiana , National Business Institute.
- 2019 Outstanding Young Lawyer Award presented by the Indiana State Bar Association
- Sagamore Inn of Court
- Indiana State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana (DTCI)
- IndyBar E-Discovery, Information Governance & Cyber Security Section
Civic and Charitable Organizations
- Indiana DeMolay - State Master Councilor 2009-10
- Advisory Member – Indiana Governor’s Executive Council on Cybersecurity
211 North Pennsylvania Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Indiana University, 2011
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, JD, 2014
- Indiana, 2014
- Kentucky, 2015
- Illinois, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana