Adam Ira primarily defends corporate clients in a broad spectrum of state and federal litigation. Adam also brings a breadth of experience in matters of state and municipal liability, including class action litigation. Adam takes a creative approach to litigation and enjoys handling challenging and unconventional cases. Adam studied rhetoric at Indiana University, which serves as the foundation of a strong legal writing and advocacy skillset. Adam approaches every case with the perspective that disputes are resolved most effectively when each party receives zealous and thoughtful representation. He works closely with clients to evaluate new matters on an individual basis and to tailor the most appropriate course of action based on the client’s needs and goals. Pragmatic and results-oriented, Adam brings to bear significant experience representing corporate clients in the courtroom. When a case cannot be resolved amicably through settlement or a dispositive motion, Adam brings jury trial experience in foodborne illness, premises liability and transportation cases to the table.
Adam, who is admitted to practice in Indiana, Kentucky and Illinois, received his J.D. from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law with a concentration in Advocacy Skills. Adam is a founding member of the firm’s Data Security Practice Group and routinely presents and writes on the topic of data security.
- Presenter, “Cyber Security- Protecting Your Business,” Southwest Indiana Chamber Seminar Series, May 2018.
- Contributor, “Autonomous vehicle regulation stalls out in statehouse,” The Indiana Lawyer, April 4, 2018.
- Contributor, “The ups and downs of investing in bitcoin,” The Indiana Lawyer, January 24, 2018.
- Presenter, “Data Security: Risk Exposures, Coverages and Best Practices,” CLM, December 2017.
- Presenter, “Data Security: Risk Exposures, Coverages and Best Practices,” DTCI Annual Conference, November 2017.
- Presenter, “Creating an Effective Incident Response Plan & Data Security Risk Exposures,” Kightlinger & Gray Lunch & Learn, October & November 2017.
- Presenter, “Reigning in Ransomware,” IBA CLE, September 2017.
- Contributor, “Artificial intelligence is inevitable. Will you embrace or resist it in your practice?” The Indiana Lawyer, August 9, 2017.
- Author, “Ira: The future of cyber liability in Indiana.” The Indiana Lawyer, June 14, 2017.
- Presenter, The “No-Contact Rule” forbidding communication with represented parties , National Professional Responsibility Moot Court Competition, February 2014
- Author, Special Uses of LLCs in Indiana , National Business Institute
- Sagamore Inn of Court
- Indianapolis Bar Association (IBA)
- Indiana State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana (DTCI)
Civic and Charitable Organizations
- Indiana DeMolay - State Master Councilor 2009-10
211 North Pennsylvania Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Indiana University, 2011
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, JD, 2014
- Indiana, 2014
- Kentucky, 2015
- Illinois, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana