At Kightlinger & Gray, LLP, our municipal government attorneys can provide your municipal entity legal counsel on many issues, including matters dealing with employment, litigation, administrative and regulatory compliance, and zoning. We use our extensive litigation experience, which is at the core of Kightlinger & Gray, LLP, to successfully litigate cases in State and Federal court. We routinely work with governmental entities and their employees, including law enforcement officers, corrections officers, sheriffs, municipal correctional facilities, municipal officers, and boards of zoning appeals.
Types of matters we handle in this practice area include, but are not limited to:
- Failure of the governmental entity to follow proper regulatory or statutory procedure
- Excessive force
- Denial of other constitutional rights
- Jail operations, supervision of their deputies, and a range of other issues
- Failure to provide proper medical treatment
- Failure to provide necessities required by the constitution
- Improper search and seizures
- Actions have allegedly caused the death of another
- Federal telecommunications act
- Title VII
- Equal protection claims
- First amendment claims
We also routinely handle state law tort claims against municipal entities and the issues raised by the Indiana Tort Claims Act against governmental entities and their employees. These matters include auto accidents, drainage issues, serious personal injuries claims, and numerous other cases.
The municipal government attorneys also provide training to local correctional facilities regarding legal issues raised during the confinement of inmates or detainees and have assisted the municipalities they represent in drafting ordinances and other rules and regulations relative to their client’s needs. In order to stay up-to-date on all issues relative to municipal government, we are members of the leading organizations in the state and country regarding municipal law.