Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Through the Kightlinger & Gray Team
The Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith attorneys of Kightlinger & Gray, LLP assist in the evaluation of complex insurance coverage issues including evaluation of insurance policy language and statutory and case law applications of such language and insurer claims practices and decision making. The attorneys examine insurance policy language and determine the obligations of a policyholder and an insurer in any given fact scenario. The attorneys provide such assistance pre-suit and likewise excel after a lawsuit is filed. The attorneys manage in pre-trial activities including discovery, mediation and trial or arbitration. The team of experienced attorneys at Kightlinger & Gray advise our clients, insurance companies, business entities and individuals in these complex insurance matters.
Why to Choose Kightlinger & Gray
Among the areas of emphasis of the Kightlinger & Gray Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Coverage practice group are the following:
- Coverage analysis
- Pre and post suit bad faith analysis
- Compliance to statutory and/or regulatory requirements of an insurer, insurance agents and insurance brokers
- Examinations under oath and investigations of the effects of fraud, misrepresentation, arson and other acts or omissions on insurance coverage
- An evaluation of the duties of an insurance agent, broker or third party administrator and the effect of such on insurance policy language application and professional liability exposure of the agent or broker
- Provide a resource for expert witnesses in coverage and bad faith disputes
The Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith attorneys at Kightlinger & Gray led by Practice Group Chair, Ginny L. Peterson, handle multiple types of insurance matters including issues involving insurance coverage for personal automobiles, commercial automobiles, property, commercial general liability, employer’s liability, professional liability, pollution liability, life, disability and worker’s compensation. In handling these cases, our attorneys appear before state and federal courts in Indiana and Kentucky and before the Departments of Insurance including administrative proceedings involving regulatory compliance by insurance companies and insurance agencies and/or producers. The Kightlinger & Gray attorneys provide legal advice and compliance recommendations for all types of insurance contracts, within state or federal common law and statutory requirements in insurance coverage evaluations and claims handling.